Medical Management Software UI
UX Design System & Software UI DesignAs lead UI/UX designer, I developed and implemented an enterprise medical design system, which was used for all internal software. I designed enterprise software that is visually appealing, functional, and efficient.
This Provider Portal application, used by subscribing physicians (most are Baby Boomers or Gen-X users) and their staff, often complained that the software was difficult to navigate, confusing, and frustrating.
- Alert modals often appeared over an existing alert modal (modal over a modal)
- Little distinction between primary and secondary buttons
- Lack of text hierarchy
- Bad and inconsistent iconography
- Confusing forms
- Broken Layout
- Data visualization that is difficult to understand
- Use of irrelevant images relying on outside links that were often broken
- A Medical UX Design System
- Ant Design (Legacy applications)
- Google Material (New and updated applications)
- Responsive ready (Users on desktop computers only)
- Incorporated brand colors
- Medical icon library
- Standardized navigation
- Broad alert components
- Accessibility ready
- Designed for a React dev environment
The Medical UX Design System for Enterprise Software helped create multiple redesigns using:
- Best design practices
- Form simplification
- Responsive ready for physicians using iPads
- Improved workflow
- Design that incorporated current use
Quality Measures Dashboard*
Using the design components in the medical enterprise design system, this angular application provided the physician’s critical patient data.
- Provides at-a-glace physician quality measures
- Tooltips provided additional visual information
- Current year medical tracking
- Patient device and demographic tracking
Using the design components in the medical enterprise design system, this angular application tracked physician registrations needing approval or denial.
- Now provides room for multiple types of alerts
- Users can quickly identify and resolve duplicate registrations
- User profile information is available to the user by drop-down
I designed this angular application using this medical enterprise design system to help healthcare providers create insurance authorizations.
- Authorization progress indicator
- Side links provided additional support and help
- The accordion component, requested by the users, continued to provide quick form navigation